VZI CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF THE TRANSFORMATION
At Vedanta Zinc International we are committed to building a world-class Zinc complex driven and led by the best-in-class human capital. We believe that human capital is our core strength and has been critical in delivering our rapid growth. We currently have a staff complement of approximately 2700 directly and indirectly, with a strong focus on the employment and career advancement of women in the workplace as well as elevating our internal talent to enhanced roles.
Vedanta Zinc International is a grouping of Zinc assets located in South Africa and Namibia, owned by the 6th largest Diversified Resources Company in the world, Vedanta Limited. We are the largest integrated Zinc operation in Africa, with a vision to be a globally renowned brand in the base metals sector.
Vedanta is a $30bn revenue and $10bn in profit organization and further plans to invest $20bn in 4-5 years’ time in the expansion of their brown field and some green field capacity of Oil & Gas, renewable energy, display glass, semi-conductor, mining and smelting.
AUTOMATION & CONTROL
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Interested individuals meeting the minimum requirements should address their cover letters and CV’s to
21 MARCH 2023
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, please do not apply.
- Should you not hear from us in three weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, develop, configure, program and maintain Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems as needed to automate various production processes
- Provide engineering support including maintenance, fault diagnostics, installation and modifications to field instruments.
- Create the layout for mechanical and electrical control systems.
- Identify new technologies and procedures relative to automation and controls, that could be utilized to improve processes.
- Provide leadership and support for the Automation and Control team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ related work experience
- Code B Driver’s License
WHAT WE OFFER
- An environment that is safe, rewarding, and supportive.
- An engaging workplace that enables employees to realise their full potential
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Remuneration will be according to qualifications and experience and will include competitive conditions of employment.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant psychometric assessments and background checks.
- Preference will be given to EE Candidates.