VZI CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF THE TRANSFORMATION
At Vedanta Zinc International we are committed to building a world-class Zinc complex driven and led by the best-in-class human capital. We believe that human capital is our core strength and has been critical in delivering our rapid growth. We currently have a staff complement of approximately 2700 directly and indirectly, with a strong focus on the employment and career advancement of women in the workplace as well as elevating our internal talent to enhanced roles.
Vedanta Zinc International is a grouping of Zinc assets located in South Africa and Namibia, owned by the 6th largest Diversified Resources Company in the world, Vedanta Limited. We are the largest integrated Zinc operation in Africa, with a vision to be a globally renowned brand in the base metals sector.
Vedanta is a $30bn revenue and $10bn in profit organization and further plans to invest $20bn in 4-5 years’ time in the expansion of their brown field and some green field capacity of Oil & Gas, renewable energy, display glass, semi-conductor, mining and smelting.
BLACK MOUNTAIN MINE,AGGENEYS
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Interested individuals meeting the minimum requirements should address their cover letters and CV’s to:
05 JUNE 2023
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, do not apply.
- Should you not hear from us in three weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The Biodiversity Manager (BM) will lead the team on the day-day biodiversity related matters.
- The BM will be responsible for the execution and implementation of the Biodiversity Offset Agreement (BOA) that was signed between BMM and DAERL and will report to the VZI Director HSE & ESG. Independent audit on the BOA is required every two years
- The BM must provide specialist biodiversity advice, inputs, and recommendations to the operational service to meet its legislative requirements, legal compliance and to help conserve and enhance the biodiversity heritage of the Bushmanland Inselberg Region to ensure a “No net loss / Positive gain” in Biodiversity at BMC through various ESG Biodiversity projects.
- Biodiversity management within the surface & mining right areas of BMM through the implementation of the Biodiversity Management Plan (BMP), the Conservation Area Management Plan (CAMP) and the Nursery Management Plan (NMP) will be key focus areas of the BM. Regular revision/updates of the BMP, CAMP and NMP will be required
- Compilation, revision and update of a medium to long term Biodiversity Strategic Plan and Biodiversity Monitoring Protocols regarding current and future projects.
- Support the Projects Team in all current and future projects regarding Biodiversity Aspects.
- Implementation if the Biodiversity Mitigation hierarchy during all phase of projects/operations to ensure no nett loss
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- M.Sc. degree or equivalent in Biodiversity and/or Conservation Ecology or ecology.
- Membership of Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (or eligibility for membership).
- Managerial Qualification
- HR certification
WHAT WE OFFER
- An environment that is safe, rewarding, and supportive.
- An engaging workplace that enables employees to realise their full potential.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Remuneration will be according to qualifications and experience and will include competitive conditions of employment.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant psychometric assessments and background checks.
- Preference will be given to EE Candidates.