VZI CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF THE TRANSFORMATION
At Vedanta Zinc International we are committed to building a world-class Zinc complex driven and led by the best-in-class human capital. We believe that human capital is our core strength and has been critical in delivering our rapid growth. We currently have a staff complement of approximately 2700 directly and indirectly, with a strong focus on the employment and career advancement of women in the workplace as well as elevating our internal talent to enhanced roles.
Vedanta Zinc International is a grouping of Zinc assets located in South Africa and Namibia, owned by the 6th largest Diversified Resources Company in the world, Vedanta Limited. We are the largest integrated Zinc operation in Africa, with a vision to be a globally renowned brand in the base metals sector.
Vedanta is a $30bn revenue and $10bn in profit organization and further plans to invest $20bn in 4-5 years’ time in the expansion of their brown field and some green field capacity of Oil & Gas, renewable energy, display glass, semi-conductor, mining and smelting.
JNR DRILL & BLAST ENGINEER
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
Interested individuals meeting the minimum requirements should address their cover letters and CV’s to:
30 MARCH 2023
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, do not apply.
- Should you not hear from us in three weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and implement drill design patterns to achieve STMP and drilling procedures in the pit.
- Monitor and control compliance to blasting procedure and adhere to set efficiencies on rock fragmentation and powder factor.
- Investigate opportunities for improved drilling, blasting and production performance by keeping abreast with technological trends.
- Conduct feasibility studies on viability of resources in work environment and recommend implementation of new technology.
- Review and update production policies and procedures in line with governance principles and changes.
- Manage training activities in the department and set monthly goals.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BSc Degree / Diploma in Mining Engineering.
- Open Cast Blasting Ticket.
- 3-5 years experience in Open cast Mining operations and Successful progression through the ranks of Mining as Drilling or Mining Supervisor.
- Drivers License.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An environment that is safe, rewarding, and supportive.
- An engaging workplace that enables employees to realise their full potential.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Remuneration will be according to qualifications and experience and will include competitive conditions of employment.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant psychometric assessments and background checks.
- Preference will be given to EE Candidates.