VZI CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF THE TRANSFORMATION
At Vedanta Zinc International we are committed to building a world-class Zinc complex driven and led by the best-in-class human capital. We believe that human capital is our core strength and has been critical in delivering our rapid growth. We currently have a staff complement of approximately 2700 directly and indirectly, with a strong focus on the employment and career advancement of women in the workplace as well as elevating our internal talent to enhanced roles.
Vedanta Zinc International is a grouping of Zinc assets located in South Africa and Namibia, owned by the 6th largest Diversified Resources Company in the world, Vedanta Limited. We are the largest integrated Zinc operation in Africa, with a vision to be a globally renowned brand in the base metals sector.
Vedanta is a $30bn revenue and $10bn in profit organization and further plans to invest $20bn in 4-5 years’ time in the expansion of their brown field and some green field capacity of Oil & Gas, renewable energy, display glass, semi-conductor, mining and smelting.
BLACK MOUNTAIN, AGGENEYS
Interested individuals meeting the minimum requirements should address their cover letters and CV’s to:
31 MARCH 2023
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, do not apply.
- Should you not hear from us in three weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- This BMM EXCO role will drive company strategy and growth in partnership with the BMM General Manager.
- The Mining Manager will have a 3.1 legal appointment as per the MHSA.
- H/She will ensure a Safe working environment and that risks are adequately identified and managed.
- Provide mining strategic input to the overall company vision, mission and objectives as well as develop a strategic vision, mission and objective for the Mining Department.
- Lead, manage and coordinate the Mining strategic objectives and initiatives e.g;
- 5 Year Life Of Mine plan; mining business plan (production plan, budget and projects); risk plan and new business.
- The Mining Manager will identify mining best practices and bench marking as well as identify and implement mining projects to improve return of investment.
- Responsible for Operational Management through mining policy formulation: Risk, Health and Environmental procedures codes of practice mining software systems.
- Establish operational targets and objectives as well as manage and monitor adherence to targets and set objectives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A 4-year B.Sc. Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent as well as a Mine Manager Certificate of Competence.
- A minimum of 7-years experience in a senior management position.
- MBA, MDP, BCom or related experience will be advantageous.
- The incumbent must have knowledge on the practical application of LOM modelling, implementation and management of mining plans.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid code 8 driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain a certificate of medical fitness.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An environment that is safe, rewarding, and supportive.
- An engaging workplace that enables employees to realise their full potential.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Remuneration will be according to qualifications and experience and will include competitive conditions of employment.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant psychometric assessments and background checks.
- Preference will be given to EE Candidates.