VZI CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF THE TRANSFORMATION
At Vedanta Zinc International we are committed to building a world-class Zinc complex driven and led by the best-in-class human capital. We believe that human capital is our core strength and has been critical in delivering our rapid growth. We currently have a staff complement of approximately 2700 directly and indirectly, with a strong focus on the employment and career advancement of women in the workplace as well as elevating our internal talent to enhanced roles.
Vedanta Zinc International is a grouping of Zinc assets located in South Africa and Namibia, owned by the 6th largest Diversified Resources Company in the world, Vedanta Limited. We are the largest integrated Zinc operation in Africa, with a vision to be a globally renowned brand in the base metals sector.
Vedanta is a $30bn revenue and $10bn in profit organization and further plans to invest $20bn in 4-5 years’ time in the expansion of their brown field and some green field capacity of Oil & Gas, renewable energy, display glass, semi-conductor, mining and smelting.
PACKAGE LEAD TAILINGS-FTE DU
VZI PROJECTS, GAMSBERG
Interested individuals meeting the minimum requirements should address their cover letters and CV’s to:
22 MARCH 2023
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, do not apply.
- Should you not hear from us in three weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Overseeing that required tailings deposition infrastructure, methods and operations as well as embankment design work is completed on time and in line with LOM operational requirements.
- Approving and participating in design related decisions and outcomes for tailings dam projects to ensure technical due diligence.
- Technical lead role for all tailings dam projects by tailings consultants.
- Understanding overall requirements for timing of construction activities in order to meet operational requirements.
- Participate as required in the annual Independent Technical Review Board TSF audits and support corrective actions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 10 years geotechnical and tailings experience and tailings dam design knowledge.
- Track record of finding practical and innovative solutions to tailings disposal.
- Track record of successfully managing and delivering projects on time and within budget .
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An environment that is safe, rewarding, and supportive.
- An engaging workplace that enables employees to realise their full potential.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Remuneration will be according to qualifications and experience and will include competitive conditions of employment.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant psychometric assessments and background checks.
- Preference will be given to EE Candidates.