VZI CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF THE TRANSFORMATION
At Vedanta Zinc International we are committed to building a world-class Zinc complex driven and led by the best-in-class human capital. We believe that human capital is our core strength and has been critical in delivering our rapid growth. We currently have a staff complement of approximately 2700 directly and indirectly, with a strong focus on the employment and career advancement of women in the workplace as well as elevating our internal talent to enhanced roles.
Vedanta Zinc International is a grouping of Zinc assets located in South Africa and Namibia, owned by the 6th largest Diversified Resources Company in the world, Vedanta Limited. We are the largest integrated Zinc operation in Africa, with a vision to be a globally renowned brand in the base metals sector.
Vedanta is a $30bn revenue and $10bn in profit organization and further plans to invest $20bn in 4-5 years’ time in the expansion of their brown field and some green field capacity of Oil & Gas, renewable energy, display glass, semi-conductor, mining and smelting.
PROJECT MANAGER – GAMSBERG SMELTER
VZI PROJECTS AGGENEYS, SOUTH AFRICA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Interested individuals meeting the minimum requirements should address their cover letters and CV’s to:
31 MARCH 2023
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, please do not apply.
- Should you not hear from us in three weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The Project Head – Gamsberg Smelter will lead the Gamsberg Smelter project stream from concept, approval, project review and optimization, project financial evaluation, project planning and project execution to ensure that the project objectives are achieved with ZERO harm.
- Responsible to initiate, plan, coordinate, manage and execute the overall Gamsberg Smelter project from concept to closeout.
- Key deliverables will include, amongst others:– Assist in the refining of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility and economical viability.
– Project risk management
– Identification, attraction, appointment and management of the right project partners and teams.
– Ensure resource availability and allocation
– Execution of project milestones within approved budget & time.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or a related field.
- A qualification in Project Management would be advantageous.
- 15 years’ total experience with at least 10 to 12 years of relevant experience in projects.
- Base metal Smelter experience will be highly advantageous.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An environment that is safe, rewarding, and supportive.
- An engaging workplace that enables employees to realise their full potential.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Remuneration will be according to qualifications and experience and will include competitive conditions of employment.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant psychometric assessments and background checks.
- Preference will be given to EE Candidates.