VZI CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF THE TRANSFORMATION
At Vedanta Zinc International we are committed to building a world-class Zinc complex driven and led by the best-in-class human capital. We believe that human capital is our core strength and has been critical in delivering our rapid growth. We currently have a staff complement of approximately 2700 directly and indirectly, with a strong focus on the employment and career advancement of women in the workplace as well as elevating our internal talent to enhanced roles.
Vedanta Zinc International is a grouping of Zinc assets located in South Africa and Namibia, owned by the 6th largest Diversified Resources Company in the world, Vedanta Limited. We are the largest integrated Zinc operation in Africa, with a vision to be a globally renowned brand in the base metals sector.
Vedanta is a $30bn revenue and $10bn in profit organization and further plans to invest $20bn in 4-5 years’ time in the expansion of their brown field and some green field capacity of Oil & Gas, renewable energy, display glass, semi-conductor, mining and smelting.
PROJECT MANAGER INFRASTRUCTURE – FTE (DU)
VZI PROJECTS, GAMSBERG
Interested individuals meeting the minimum requirements should address their cover letters and CV’s to:
22 MARCH 2023
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, do not apply.
- Should you not hear from us in three weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop, design and implement the infrastructure package including Bulk Power & Water for the Project.
- Require high level of engagement with Business Partners, external stakeholders, SOE’s, etc.
- End-to-end project execution of the infrastructure pkg.
- Safe project execution & hand over to operations.
- Deliver the project within approved cost & time.
- Quality compliances for the project.
- Adherence to company’s governance framework.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant degree in engineering – Mechanical / Electrical or Equivalent from recognized institution.
- Minimum of 12 years’ professional experience, of which 10 years should be in Project management in a mining environment.
- Should be well versed in SANS standards & relevant South African codes/legislations.
- PMP certification would be an added advantage.
- Valid Driver’s License (must be able to obtain a mine vehicle license).
- Must be able to obtain medical fitness certificate.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An environment that is safe, rewarding, and supportive.
- An engaging workplace that enables employees to realise their full potential.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Remuneration will be according to qualifications and experience and will include competitive conditions of employment.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant psychometric assessments and background checks.
- Preference will be given to EE Candidates.