VZI CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF THE TRANSFORMATION
At Vedanta Zinc International we are committed to building a world-class Zinc complex driven and led by the best-in-class human capital. We believe that human capital is our core strength and has been critical in delivering our rapid growth. We currently have a staff complement of approximately 2700 directly and indirectly, with a strong focus on the employment and career advancement of women in the workplace as well as elevating our internal talent to enhanced roles.
Vedanta Zinc International is a grouping of Zinc assets located in South Africa and Namibia, owned by the 6th largest Diversified Resources Company in the world, Vedanta Limited. We are the largest integrated Zinc operation in Africa, with a vision to be a globally renowned brand in the base metals sector.
Vedanta is a $30bn revenue and $10bn in profit organization and further plans to invest $20bn in 4-5 years’ time in the expansion of their brown field and some green field capacity of Oil & Gas, renewable energy, display glass, semi-conductor, mining and smelting.
BLACK MOUNTAIN, AGGENEYS
Interested individuals meeting the minimum requirements should address their cover letters and CV’s to:
2 JUNE 2023
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, please do not apply.
- Should you not hear from us in three weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible to oversee, manage and co-ordinate all maintenance of heavy mining equipment and Trackless Mobile Machinery.
- Drives performance and excellence in the maintenance space.
- Responsible for TMM COP and Legal Compliance, management of the maintenance workshop, safety management and contract management.
- Accountable for maintenance systems, Trackless Mobile Machinery (Haul Trucks, Load-Haul-Dumpers, Drill Rigs, Roof Bolters, Scales, Lifting Equipment, Long Hole Drill Rigs, Sandvik,Epiroc) and must have a sound working knowledge of these machines.
- Work accurately under pressure and demonstrate a high level of managerial skills.
- A high level of fluency in English (read, write and speak) is required.
- S/he must initiate and drive continuous improvement initiatives leading to cost saving opportunities whilst keeping abreast of new developments within the specialist field.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A Government Certificate of Competence Mines Electrical/Mechanical coupled with a BSc Mechanical Engineering Degree/BTech Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or N6 Mechanical Trade.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years post GCC experience is required in an underground Trackless Engineering Environment.
- More than 5 years experience managing maintenance of heavy mining equipment including haul trucks LHD’s and Drill Rigs.
- Have a working knowledge of MHSA and TMM COP.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP and MS Office is required.
- Strong leadership skills and management capabilities.
- A valid drivers license.
- Must be able to obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An environment that is safe, rewarding, and supportive.
- An engaging workplace that enables employees to realise their full potential.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Remuneration will be according to qualifications and experience and will include competitive conditions of employment.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant psychometric assessments and background checks.
- Preference will be given to EE Candidates.